Sunday, November 2, 2008

Election 2008

I know that most of you agree that Wednesday November 5 will be a relief, either you will be happy or disappointed in the outcome but we will not have to endure the crazy adds or overwhelming negative responses from the media. I just recently saw a study done that showed how incredibly skewed the media has been in this election and it is frightening!
There are several people who read this blog that will vote for Obama and several who will vote for Mccain, and it shouldn't be a surprise to most that we are supporting Mccain/Palin. I think we need a change in Washington and that Obama has been successful in convincing many that he is that person to change Washington. If he wins on Tuesday I pray that you are all correct. Of course, my fear is how he will change Washington, but that is a pretty difficult discussion for some so I will not get into that.
Melisa and I are praying that God will give us the leader he wants in office and I truly believe that whoever gets to be our next President will have his blessing. Pray for our leaders as we go through this difficult transition!

3 comments:

Coila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coila said...

J says he's noticed a strong bias toward Obama on the internet. I think the internet may be more liberal (at least the sites we frequent seem to be), so maybe that accounts for it. There also seem to be a *lot* of people who like Ron Paul. Anyway. I hope it works out for the best, whatever "it" is! ;)

Lots of love to you and Melisa!

Coila said...

Shaun, I really value your contributions to my blog and I love being your cousin! I know we don't always agree, but I love that we've been able to have conversations where I better understand where you're coming from and I feel like you understand where I'm coming from, too.

It's those kinds of conversations (with you, other conservative friends and family, and sometimes J) that keep me from getting lazy and too comfortable with people who believe like I do. They keep me from thinking everyone on your side is just clueless and brainwashed (which is dumb, but when you only ever hear your own side, it's hard not to feel like the other side just doesn't "get it"). But I know you are intelligent, informed and understand both sides and you still believe the way you do. That helps me remember that there are perfectly reasonable intelligent people who don't believe as I do and that forces me to figure out why. Even if I don't end up agreeing with you, I think that it's important to see where my own views may be flawed and where they may have down sides.

Anyway, this is getting way too long. Love you!